Weight Loss Smoothies
Ahh, weight loss smoothies: the joy of both your taste buds and your low fat diet. If you are trying to lose weight, healthy smoothie recipes and diet smoothies can help make that happen very effectively. You don’t have to work at Jamba Juice to whip up healthy smoothies, but you can learn how to make a healthy smoothie, green smoothies, and how to make smoothies low fat easily.
Below you will find all kinds of neat tricks and tips on how to make some low fat smoothie recipes, as well as some recipes for smoothies that will delight your taste buds. Diet smoothies can be delicious as well as nutritious, so have fun with the recipes and ideas on this page…
Weight Loss Smoothies: Ideas for Healthy Smoothie Recipes
If you are making a healthy smoothie, it can be hard to know what to put inside. If you find yourself scratching your head at what to add to your smoothie, here are a few ideas for healthy smoothie recipes:
• Protein – Many people put protein in their smoothie to help with their weight loss efforts, and adding protein powder is a great way to give your body all the amino acids it needs. Protein powder can help boost your metabolism, but it tends to be fairly low in fat and contains almost no sugar. It can also make your diet smoothies nice and creamy, and is an excellent ingredient to add.
• Fiber – Fiber is the most important part of the weight loss smoothies, as the fiber is what will ensure that you get rid of all those extra pounds. How does it do that? By aiding in your digestion, boosting your metabolism, and cleaning out all the bad cholesterol in your body. Always add whole vegetables and fruits, and avoid juices purchased in the store as much as possible.
• Low Calorie Sweetener – There are certain things that will help make your smoothie sweet, but they are not refined sugar and are low in calories. These can include things like bananas, oranges, and other sweet fruits. You can also use coconut milk instead of dairy, as the coconut milk is slightly sweet and thus will be a winner in your weight loss smoothies.
• Thickener – If you want to really feel full after drinking your smoothie, you may find that just fruits and veggies will not be enough. Many people add some nuts or seeds to their smoothies, as that helps to make them thicker. Oats can also be used for a milk-based smoothie, and oats are very rich in both fiber and protein. By adding these thickeners, you can ensure that you will feel very full just by drinking the smoothie.
These are a few ideas, but you will find that they are the important parts of your diet smoothies. If you can experiment and find the best ingredients for your smoothie, you can lose weight effectively, suppress your appetite, and enjoy your smoothies so much more!
Weight Loss Smoothies: Top Ingredients for Healthy Smoothies
So what are some of the best ingredients that you can put in healthy smoothies?
• Bananas – If you are making a milk or coconut milk-based smoothie, bananas are incredibly delicious and sweet. They are also very rich in potassium and other important minerals, and will help to suppress your appetite.
• Oranges – For any fruit smoothies, oranges are the way to go. You will find that oranges are incredibly rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants, and they are just sweet enough that they will add a pleasant flavor to just about any shake.
• Pineapple – For those tropical shakes – like pina colada with coconut milk – pineapples are absolutely the right choice. They are incredibly rich in bromelain and other important minerals, and they will satisfy your body’s sugar cravings while keeping your smoothies low fat.
• Berries – If you are looking for antioxidants and weight loss properties, it doesn’t get much better than berries like blueberries or raspberries. These tart little fruits will pack a punch, both in flavor and in nutrients.
• Fruit Pulp – Anyone who runs their fruits through the juicer knows what happens to all the fiber in the fruit, but adding the pulp to the shake is a great way to not only thicken it, but to increase the amount of fiber that you get in your diet smoothies.
• Light Green Veggies – Many people just don’t like the strong taste of leafy greens in their shakes, which is where light green veggies like celery, cactus, lettuce, and parsley come in handy. These veggies don’t have the strong flavor of the dark veggies, but contain lots of fiber and nutrients just the same.
Using these ingredients can help you to make the most delicious smoothie possible, and you will find that weight loss smoothies can be quite easy to make if you just know how to look up recipes (see below) and experiment with different ingredients. Have fun with your efforts to make delicious diet smoothies!
Weight Loss Smoothies: How to Make a Smoothie Incredibly Delicious
If you want to know how to make a smoothie incredibly delicious, the secret is knowing how to mix ingredients well. For example:
• Apple juice has a fairly light flavor, but it is very sweet and a perfect choice for mixing with strong flavor vegetable.
• Orange juice is very strong, making it a great choice for mixing with any strong flavored vegetable.
• Milk makes the smoothies creamy, which is great for working with bananas and strawberries. When it comes to using tropical fruits, citrus, or vegetables, that’s where things get complicated.
• Tropical fruits are tangy and delicious, which is what makes them perfect for mixing with coconuts. They also are great at blending with the flavor of dark green vegetables.
• Orange and yellow vegetables like carrots and bell peppers tend to be a bit sweeter, so mixing them with sweet and tangy fruits can be a great idea.
• The dark leafy greens tend to have a very strong, bitter taste, so mix them with lots of orange juice for a better flavor.
• Light colored greens like celery or cactus have a strong fiber taste, but they won’t mess with the flavor of your shake too much.
It’s all about knowing how to combine the right ingredients. The “right combination” will be entirely up to you, so have fun experimenting and figuring out which ingredients mix the best for you.
Weight Loss Smoothies: Diet Smoothies Contain Little Sugar and Lots of Soy
Did you know that soy protein is actually one of the best proteins that you can eat for a weight loss diet? The reason for this is that they are very high in protein, meaning that they will help to boost your metabolism. On the flip side, they are very low in fat and cholesterol, meaning that they won’t increase the amount of fat you have in your body.
If you want to make great diet smoothies, cut back on the sugar that you add and start adding more diet proteins like soy. A study actually showed that those that drank diet smoothies that had soy protein added to them lost as much as three times the amount of weight that others (who didn’t drink soy protein) lost. Some test subjects actually lost five times as much as others, though this was on a diet with lots of soy protein rather than shakes.
However, it is important that you lower the sugar content of your diet smoothies, as sugar is not the best thing to drink in order to lose weight. Upping your lean protein intake will help you shed pounds, so switch out sugar for soy!
Weight Loss Smoothies: Green Smoothies are the Bomb!
If you really want some great weight loss smoothies, ditch most of the fruits in favor of as many vegetables as possible. It may look and taste like green sludge if you throw all of your favorite veggies in the blender as possible, but you can bet that such a high amount of fiber will do wonders for your body. You can leave some fruits in the shakes, but the main focus should be the veggies if you really want to lose weight with these green smoothies.
Weight Loss Smoothies: Using Juicers and Blenders for Smoothies
When it comes down the making the smoothies, you will have to use both juicers and blenders for smoothies that are really tasty. The juicer will help you to get a lot of juice out of fruits and vegetables, but the blender makes it possible for you to keep all of the healthy fiber that will be effective for your weight loss program.
Sure just making a bunch of juice may taste better, but you will be cutting out all the fiber if you run the fruits through the juicer. However, if you just blend everything directly, you will find that your drink will look something like the sludge that you throw out when your sink gets clogged.
The secret to making delicious smoothies is blending some of the ingredients, but juicing some as well. If you can juice half of the ingredients, you will cut back on the thickness of your shakes. You will still be getting lots of fiber, as the other half of the ingredients will make the smoothie nice, thick, and very, very filling.
Weight Loss Smoothies: How to Make Smoothies Low Fat
If you want to make smoothies low fat, try and cut out the fruit as much as possible. Sounds silly, but fruit can be fairly high in sugar – which turns to fat. Vegetables, however, contain very little sugar, and they will be very low in fat. By using more vegetables than fruits, you ensure that your smoothies are as low in fat as possible.
Don’t think that means that you should cut out the fruit altogether, as a purely veggie shake is usually kind of bitter and not as pleasant. You are supposed to enjoy the smoothies, so you should continue to add some fruits to make the shake a little bit sweet. Using orange juice, apple juice, pineapple juice, and other fruits will help to provide the sweet base that will make your smoothies taste just sweet enough that you can enjoy them.
Weight Loss Smoothies: A Few Recipes for Smoothies
Now we get down to a few recipes for smoothies. These smoothie recipes are going to be as delicious as possible, but they are going to help you lose weight as fast as possible. They focus on ingredients that will kick your weight loss into high gear:
Whey Protein Banana Smoothie
Mix up a spoonful of whey protein powder in some non-fat milk, and drop in a banana, a spoonful of vanilla, a few flaxseeds, and lots of ice to make a thick, creamy smoothie.
Squeeze yourself a cup of orange juice, and pour it into the blender. Run four celery sticks, 3 cactus leaves, 1 cucumber, and some spinach through the juicer. Pour the juice into the blender, and drop in any more greens you want to add.
Peel two large tangerines, and drop them in the blender with some kefir and lots of ice. Consider adding a splash of coconut milk and lots of celery to make it taste delicious.
Weight Loss Smoothies: A Few Low Fat Smoothie Recipes
Rather than trying to cut back on all your food intake, try these low fat smoothie recipes to help you feel full while losing weight:
Strawberry Vanilla Power Punch
Mix up a spoonful of whey protein in with some soy milk, and drop it all in the blender with a handful of strawberries and raspberries and a touch of vanilla.
Apple Celery Kicker
Run 5 apples through the juicer, and pour the juice into the blender. Drop in a large piece of ginger, a handful of parsley, lots of celery, and a carrot.
Yoghurt Power Shake
Use some non-fat or soy yoghurt to provide the base of the smoothie, and drop in any tropical fruits you want to add.
Good luck with your smoothies!
Go to the top of this page,
Weight Loss Smoothies
For more ideas of how to make great weight loss smoothies, shakes and juices, visit the other pages on this site, Fruit Smoothie Recipes, Healthy Shakes, Healthy Smoothie Recipes, How to Make a Smoothie, Smoothie Diet and Weight Loss Smoothies